Timloc 1201 Telescopic Underfloor Vent
£3.16 EX. VAT
1201 Telescopic Underfloor Vent 3-5 Courses
Adjustable ventilator to provide ventilation beneath suspended ground floors up to 5 brick courses. With incorporated grille to prevent vermin entry.
The vertical height of the ventilator unit adjusts to suit between 3 and 5 brick courses (225mm-375mm) with a minimum cavity width of 50mm.
We have an extensive range of easy-to-fit horizontal and vertical extension accessories, that do not restrict airflow, to adapt the unit for various applications.
To provide ventilation below suspended ground floors
- Satisfies all NHBC requirements
- Manufactured to BS EN ISO 9001 and BS EN ISO 14001
- Complies with all relevant Building Regulations
- Meets all relevant British Standards
- Always use in conjunction with a Timloc airbrick. The airbrick and upper front opening of the telescopic underfloor ventilator must be positioned above the finished external ground level – usually at the same level as the ground level DPC.
- The lower rear opening of the product must project down to the level of the underfloor void and must not be obstructed by the floor construction. A vertical extension sleeve is available to fit with this product if the standard 5 course step is not adequate.
- Building Regulations require a free airflow below suspended ground floors of at least 1500mm2 per metre run of wall. This can be achieved by spacing the ventilators at 4m centres, however, such a wide spacing is not recommended as stagnant air pockets could form in the underfloor void. Timloc recommend a spacing of not more than 2m centres to comply with NHBC standards.
- The NHBC recommend that underfloor ventilators are spaced at a maximum of 2m centres, with ventilators also positioned not more than 450mm from the ends of the wall 1201 telescopic underfloor vent Adjustable ventilator for ground floors up to 5 brick courses incorporating vermin grille.
- As a minimum requirement, ventilators should be positioned down two opposite sides of the building so as to create a cross flow ventilation action. It is good practice to position ventilators around the full perimeter of the building, particularly with complex building designs
- If the underfloor void is separated by dividing walls, openings must be provided to allow a free flow of air around the underfloor void.
- The standard ventilator will fit into a cavity wall with an external leaf of 100-102.5mm, a minimum cavity width of 50mm and a cross cavity of 100mm. External and internal horizontal extension sleeves are available to accommodate thicker walls or wider cavities.
- To be installed with a DPC Cavity tray and wall weeps to collect any water ingress. We recommend Timloc’s IL4 and 2 weeps (Invisiweep or 1143).