Timloc 1168 Plastic Push Up Loft Access Door
£42.60 EX. VAT
Fully removable access door with two twist-operated catches to secure the door in place.
Tested and certified by BRE as meeting Building Regulation Part L’s reasonable air leakage requirements of <10m3/(h.m2) at a pressure differential of 50Pa and BS5250:2011.
Clean, discreet profile with an easy to clean finish. Manufactured from injection moulded polypropylene. Available in a choice of insulation U-value performances of 0.82 W/m2K, 0.35 W/m2K and 0.25 W/m2K.
- To provide simple, easy access through ceiling into the loft space
Features and Benefits
- Purpose made product saves time and money compared with traditional joiner-made timber loft access doors
- Standard and higher U value insulation performances available
- Excellent aesthetic appearance
- Factory finished and ready to fit straight from the box
- Insulated door panel
- Incorporates integral draught and vapour seal
- Incorporates two twist operated catches to secure the door panel and prevent uplift.
- Maintenance free, no need to paint
- Acoustic performance of 30dB
- Satisfies all NHBC requirements
- Manufactured to BS EN ISO 9001 and BS EN ISO 14001
- Complies with Building Reg. document L1A & L2A (2013 Edition)
- Meets all relevant British Standards
Material and Colour
- The frame is a one-piece injection moulding in polypropylene. The door panel is a one piece injection moulding in polypropylene. Insulation is CFC free expanded polystyrene foam.
- Door and frame available in white only RAL 9010.
- The product is designed to fit between 38mm thick trussed rafters or ceiling joists spaced at 600mm centres which provide a clear joist opening width of 562mm.
- If the roof design does not provide this joist opening width, a suitable opening must be formed.
- Trimmers must be installed across the ends of the frame. These should be spaced to give a clear opening length of 665mm.
- The frame fixes with ten screws, three through each side and two through each end.
- Fit the loft access door after the ceiling has been plaster boarded and skimmed.
- The frame must be a good fit into the trimmed opening. Never force it into an opening that is too small. If the opening is too large use packers to ensure a good fit.
- Timloc loft access doors comply with the most recent Building Regulations; ‘THE BUILDING REGULATIONS ‘Conservation of fuel and power’ APPROVED DOCUMENT L1A & L2A (2013 Edition).
- The Timloc loft access door demonstrates full compliance with the Building Regulation Part L1A & L2A while fully complying with BS5250:2011 the Code of Practice for control of condensation in buildings.
- Timloc loft access doors contain polystyrene insulation with a Thermal Conductivity of 0.038W/mK. For this reason, a correction U value of 0.004W/m2k should be calculated to the proposed U value figures for a ceiling.
- With reference to insulation, the products in this range do not use, contain, or produce Urea Formaldehyde, CFCs or indeed any of the so-called soft CFCs, i.e. HCFCs & HFAs. They have an ozone depletion potential of zero and Global Warming Potential of less than 5.