Timloc 1115 Recessed Rad-Seal Radiator Pipe Guide & Seal
£36 EX. VAT
Timloc 1115 Rad-seal Recessed
Rad-Seal Recessed is the effective, easy, and quick radiator pipe guide and seal designed to provide an air leakage barrier around the point of entry for through wall 10mm plastic radiator pipework.
Quick and easy to install, the air barrier is a mechanically fitted unit that centrally and neatly contains the pipework during the plastering process and protects the pipework and plaster from direct chafing. Rad-Seal Recessed replaces the requirement of electrical back boxes or expanding foams or sealants – saving mess, materials and cost.
Rad-Seal Recessed helps to meet Building Regulation Part L – Conservation of Fuel and Power and Part E – Resistance to Sound.
- At the point of entry of through wall 10mm plastic radiator pipework
Within all wall constructions that present a concealed pipe void including:
- Studded dry lined walls
- Plaster dab solid walls
- Manufactured to BS EN ISO 9001 and BS EN ISO 14001
Helping to meet Building Regulation:
- Document Part L – Conservation of Fuel and Power
- Document Part E – Resistance to Sound
Material and Colour
- Main unit body is white polypropylene. Gasket seal entry and seals are light grey thermoplastic elastomer.
- Mark the centre of the exit hole with a cross on the wall; approximately 350mm above the floor and central to the final radiator position.
- Secure the pipework with the pipe clips approximately 50mm above the marked X.
- Cute a hole (86 – 102mm dismator or 90 x 90mm square) into the plasterboard. Ensure that the midpoint of the marked X is in the centre.
- Feed the pipework loop through the hole and cute into 2 equal lengths.
- Position the unit over the hole and feed the pipework through until the unit is positioned into the hole.
- Mark the 3 screw hole locations onto the plasterboard and withdraw the unit to allow for the wall plug fixing.
- Feed the unit back on the pipework and offer the unit back into the hole – aligning the fixing point with the wall plug holes.
- Fully secure the unit by fixing 3 screws into the wall plugs.
- Decorators caulk or another suitable sealant may be required around the perimeter of the unit on uneven wall surfaces to achieve air leakage level.
Accepts routed pipework from:
- Ground floor routing
- Upper floor routing
- Horizontal routing